Thursday, August 17, 2006

EDM Challenge 79 Ears

Finally I found an "ear" model or rather I coerced my husband into some still time in front of the TV. This was an interesting challenge and I realized a couple of things in the process. (1) I had paid more attention to eyes than ears and that there is great variety in ears.
(2) the first drawing was from a live model with a Sharpie Extra Fine Point pen and the second from a magazine picture with a Lamy Safari pen. I am discovering that I draw much better I believe from a live model than from a photo. Any one else have this experience? Is it some sort of energy exchange? Just curious (the therapist in me rising to the front) as to what that is about. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Teri said...

You did a great job on these ears! Isn't it interesting how we don't 'look' at something until we draw it!

Michael Emerald said...

Very cool. I particularly like the bold strokes. My preference is 1 sketch per page, especially for someone with your talent, but the bold style of the hair, the partial head is wonderful.