Okay....7 secrets that you may not know about me...hmmmmm.....
1. I am a retired art therapist and marriage and family therapist.
2. I lived in Perth, Western Australia while teaching art therapy at Edith Cowan University...the first art therapy program in the country. I've taught everything from 3 yr olds to graduate courses and am still teaching workshops. I retired from teaching art therapy grad courses at the U of H/Clear Lake about 5 years ago.
3. I play BeJeweled 2 on my computer late at night or when I can't sleep.
4. I was a potter for 15 years before becoming a therapist.
5. I can't believe I'm seventy. Only my body tells me so.
6. I love chocolate and coffee, not just love, I mean REALLY LOVE.
7. I've been married to the same man all my life. I love him, too...most days.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Here is the latest contour drawing converted into a small quilt (2' x 3'). I debated over whether to bind it or not. To bind it puts it into the craft category and perhaps out of fine art. Some artist friends suggested I leave the threads and frayed edges showing. But I went for the binding with the title, "First cup, no talk," on it. I am really having fun enlarging these drawings and putting them to fabric. Must be something about giving them texture. All those years of working in clay seems to still be an influence...always seeking texture.
I find it difficult to photograph black & white work.