Monday, May 14, 2007

Oh dear, I've been tagged

Okay....7 secrets that you may not know about me...hmmmmm.....
1. I am a retired art therapist and marriage and family therapist.

2. I lived in Perth, Western Australia while teaching art therapy at Edith Cowan University...the first art therapy program in the country. I've taught everything from 3 yr olds to graduate courses and am still teaching workshops. I retired from teaching art therapy grad courses at the U of H/Clear Lake about 5 years ago.

3. I play BeJeweled 2 on my computer late at night or when I can't sleep.

4. I was a potter for 15 years before becoming a therapist.

5. I can't believe I'm seventy. Only my body tells me so.

6. I love chocolate and coffee, not just love, I mean REALLY LOVE.

7. I've been married to the same man all my life. I love him, too...most days.

10 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Thanks for sharing, Kay. Btw, I love playing Bejeweled too! How interesting that you are/were an art therapist :)

Teri said...

I love these tags! Everyone has had such an interesting life and it is so neat to learn more about them. I am glad to hear you play Bejeweled. Me too. Must be an artist's game :)

Anonymous said...

I've nver played Bejeweeld, but now I'm going to have look it up. I'm a teris addict. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

:-D These are great! And the last one was the best...
(and I don't play Bejeweled, but I had to confess to a Sudoku addiction in my 7...)

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Fascinating woman...you have been there and done it havent you??!! YOu go girl

juj said...

You're 70!?! Good for you! And since everyone else is confessing, I have to confess to being a Bejeweled addict myself at times. Like you said - especially if I can't sleep. Popcap is another good one for mindlessness. I love the quilts you're doing. I would love to see them in person - they look amazing.

mARTa said...

I know, I can't believe I'm in my 50's!!! I get a kick when I get "hit on" and my come back is usually, "Darling, I'm old enough to be your mother!" LOl....I do hope to live to be 100!

Watercolor Sunday said...

Hi Kay, I am a recovered bejeweled addict. I would love to have coffee with you and tap you for some advice. Currently, I am in the middle of obtaining my MS in counseling and would love to incorporate art therapy into my future practice. I will probably specialize in adolescents.
Can I have a half cup of advice? I love your self portrait after the wrinkle fairy visited. mary, unbelievably aged 51+.

Kerstin Klein said...

I just read your entry for the second timeand really enjoyed it again. :)

DeAnne said...

You are so marvelous! I'm glad we have reconnected. I try not to begrudge the lost years...only about 50!