Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Dear John letter but not what you might think...

Dear John, I apologize.  Yesterday I totally lost it, I did and I don't feel good about it.  There you were grilling in your back yard when this crazy woman next door let loose at her poor demented husband in the drive way.  I hope your 4 yr old son wasn't witness as well.  And I want you to know that I have seldom yelled at my husband in anger in all 56 years of marriage...however I do yell sometimes if he has forgotten to put in his hearing aids.

Okay, it seemed like a simple task for my husband to take the potted plants that had been escaping the freeze out of the garage and back to our patio.  He was insisting that it be done NOW even though I was in the midst of cleaning the refrigerator in the kitchen.  Midway through my task I went out the back door to take out a bag of trash.  He was just standing in the garage and it was obvious he didn't know where to start so I grabbed a big pot, shoved it on the dolly and ran it to the back yard.  He still didn't get it so I did it again.  Finally between us we got all the pots delivered into the sunshine.
Now the next step:  I asked him to water the newly delivered pots, he agreed so I walked back in the house.
An hour or so later of cleaning the kitchen, I realize I haven't seen him on the patio.  I go to the driveway and he is standing with the hose in the garage.  The garage floor is covered with water...water all over the floor of the garage irregardless of whatever may have been sitting on the garage floor like the bag of charcoal, the new box of kitty litter, etc.

This is when I lost it and screamed at him, " You just put water all over the f...king garage floor." in my not-so-nice fishwife voice.  Geezus!!  Of course, he was baffled as in his mind he was cleaning out the leaves that had blown in.  Know what happens to a kitty litter box when it gets wet?  I hope you don't find out.

How many times do I need to get this lesson?  ALZHEIMER'S PATIENTS  can't anticipate consequences of their actions.  Not only do they have short-term memory problems but they have difficulty looking down the road to the future.  So I apologized for yelling at him but he didn't remember that I had.  Now there is the joy of short-term memory loss.

So John, please forgive my language.  I would like to think it won't happen again but I have given up making any promises about my future behavior.

Fondly,
The Crazy Old Woman Next Door Who Lives with a Crazier Old Man

4 comments:

Babs said...

Oh dear, what if he had had something flammable. Kay, please, please be careful. He has moved much deeper into this then I realized. Obviously he can't be left alone to do anything anymore.
I'm concerned.....

DeAnne said...

Dear Next door neighbor John,
What you have witnessed or overheard from the Coxes is the result of descent into an unfortunate and all too common problem of old age. Try not to judge harshly...this could be your experience in only a few decades..and they go so fast.
Oh, Kay I want to help but don't know what to do?

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Dear Ones....thank you for listening. That is really all you can do. Babs, the good news is that he never goes near anything flammable...hasn't for years. We solved the compulsive watering by unhooking the hoses...a pain in the butt when I need to water again but it is working.

Emily Wonder said...

My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's diseases this neuron disease started 25 years before being revealed it was trigged the moment we started eating sugars including any and almost all carbs that break down to glycerol,and he was placed on the best  medical treatment approved by united states,(FDA) he has been taking Cholinesterase,Memantine to treat his memory lose,confusion and the problems with his thinking and reasoning.just to help slow the progression and manage the symptoms,as no cure exists I read through with interest. I once believed Alzheimer disease has no cure. Well it is true with English medicine, but not with herbal medicine. My Dad experience opened my eyes to the reality of a cure through herbs. My Father was a vibrant man before his encounter with Alzheimer. He was a scientist, hence his mental capability was never in doubt. In 2013, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer. The symptoms manifested through repeating conversation and gradually forgetting things. It became progressive from finding the right words during conversation, to significant confusion and forgetting details about himself. It was not a good experience, seeing your father whose brilliance had no match, totally became a shadow of himself. His doctors said the disease has no cure, just medications for treatment which had a lot of side effects were administered to him. Early 2016, while on the internet, I bumped into a story of Alzheimer, and I read about a cure through herbs with interest. I researched more to be sure it was not a hoax.  In my quest, Doctor James herbal mix medicine was mentioned in the testimony. I contacted him on his email that was provided  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   and I got his herbal mix medicine for my father.He told me that his herbal mix medicine will help my Dad to reduce the abnormal protein fold inside his neurons,and regulate the nutrients and molecules in his body system,and as well stop the progressive disorder that build up in damaging his brain cells,and help his weak cells  that causes  brain shrinking to function well,its a good herbal drinks for cell reparing.This doctor James is super great man and his herbal mix medicine is wonderful and works effectively as he said,with no side effects. It's been 4 years and my Dad is perfectly okay and back to his laboratory work even at old age. For your loved ones with Alzheimer or Dementia, take them off English medicine and use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for treatment. if you have any kinds of health challenges  or diseases such as..Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].   and get your permanent cure.he's a good man and he will help you.